Let’s get you registered!
Curacao residents can also register during office hours at dagblad Amigoe te scherpenheuvel, Curacao. You can register and pay cash or “swipe” at the front office.
All Fees are including a personal start number with bib-tag, (online)time registration, a event (cotton) T-Shirt, free event App (Track & Trace) and a cool medal! Only for the 5K and 10K (walk or run) is no minimum age. The 10.5 and Half Marathon have a minimum age of 16. The Full Marathon has a minimum age of 18. The DRI FIT Finisher shirt and Pasta party are optional.
Runners from 34 countries experienced the Race: Aruba, Barbados, Belgium, Bonaire, Brasil, Canada, Curacao, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Germany, France, Finland, Great Britain, Italy, The Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Romania, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Sint-Martin, Spain, Slovenia, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Venezuela, United States, Sweden and Switzerland. We hope to see you again in 2017!
The Marathon and half Marathon will take you along the waterfront of Curaçao, across the “swinging old lady”, the famous Queen Emma bridge pontoon bridge and even over one of the highest bridges in the world, the JulianaBridge, at 185 feetabove the sea! The 10K follows the same route but turns at the site of the pontoon bridge and continues the “Handelskade” with the typical Curaçao colored canal houses. The 5K is the half of the 10K course. The 10.5K will take you through the peace and surprisingly beautiful nature of the unique ‘Salt pans of Jan Thiel’. Here you will enjoy the greatly diversity of tropical plants, birds and animals in their natural habitat and before you know it, you will find yourself face to face with a brightly colored flamingo or iguana. The see the courses use the buttons with the distances.
All partner Hotels along the parcours provides drinking water stations and (life) music. Radio Station Dolfijn FM will report the event and all residents along the parcours are invited to motivate and encourage the runners and walkers with cheers and music.
The Start of the Marathon is 4.00 am (twice the half Marathon course), the Half Marathon starts at 6.00 am, the 10K at 07.00 am, the Trail 10.5K at 06.45 am and the 5K starts at 7.30 am. All distances will finish approximately at the same time at the famous beach in front of the Lions Dive & Beach Resort, from Hemingway to Chill Restaurant to celebrate together this unique caribean running event.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- You must be able to complete the Full Marathon in 7 hours and the Half Marathon in 3.5 hours. However, the finish line for the full marathon will remain open for 7 hours and the half marathon will remain open for 4 hours. Slower runners and walkers who are not able to keep the respective pace will be subject to street re-openings / bridge openings and will need to proceed using sidewalks and road breakdown lanes. Participants will still receive a finisher’s medal and official finisher’s certificate.
- The marathon course will close at a graduated pace, approximately 14 minutes/ mile. There will be a check point (stop point – chip removal at the 12.8 mile mark), you must make it to this point before 3:15 in order to continue, at this point you will be given the option of completing the half marathon.
- You must be at least 16 years old to run the Curaçao Half Marathon.
- You must be at least 18 years old to run the Curaçao Marathon.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to run the Curaçao Marathon or Half Marathon.
- If you are registered for the Curaçao Marathon you may finish as a Half Marathoner and be scored as an official Curaçao Half Marathon finisher except you may receive an Curaçao Marathon medal. No registered Curaçao Half Marathon participant will be scored as a Full-marathon finisher if he/she chooses to do the Full marathon. You will be considered a bandit runner.
- Race numbers are required to participate. NO BANDITS!
- You must show a photo ID to pick-up your race packet.
- NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP!
- NO race day registration.
- NO coaches, skateboards, baby joggrs, bikes, dogs or in-line skates will be allowed on the course.
- NO confirmation cards will be mailed for the 2016 race. Instead, your registration confirmation will be posted online and emailed. The registration query is available on the homepage.
- Registration Updates and Changes – Please contact us at email@example.com